I created a tiny little bash file to setup a fresh baked Laravel 5 application.
What does it do?
- Checks out the latest Laravel project from github
- inits a new git repo
- Instals the Composer dependencies
- Instals the Gulp dependencies for Laravel Elixer
- Generates a new key for security
- Removes .git file from laravel
- Commits the inital commit.
- Sets the app namespaces.
- runs phpunit gulp task to verify everything is working!
- Composer (globaly installed)
If you don't have those tools installed please install those first.
Its to easy just do
setup_laravel Projectname to create a new project it will than create your new project into the folder what you called your project in my case it will be Projectname
Setting up your bash
To have a nice and clean console command like
setup_laravel ProjectName we need to add this bash script to our bin folder. Here is a oneliner to paste into your terminal.
git clone https://gist.github.com/bd801ed6e3293eba1a7e.git setup_laravel && mv setup_laravel/setup_laravel.sh /usr/local/bin/setup_laravel && chmod a=r+w+x /usr/local/bin/setup_laravel && rm -rf setup_laravel
Link to gist: https://gist.github.com/johnhout/bd801ed6e3293eba1a7e
Good luck using the file!